Nominate your next Laureate na nÓg!
The deadline for nominations for the next Laureate na nÓg is fast approaching.
This important initiative was instigated in 2010 with the inauguration of Siobhán Parkinson as Ireland’s first ever children’s laureate. Siobhán will complete her imaginative and successful term in May 2012, so the time has come to nominate an Irish author or illustrator to be Laureate na nÓg 2012 – 2014.
Individuals and organisations are invited to make a nomination by 24th February.
The person nominated needs to meet five key criteria:
1. The laureate should be a writer or illustrator with an internationally recognised body of high quality children’s writing and/or illustration, who writes through the medium of Irish or English.
2. He or she must have made a particularly significant contribution to the field of children’s literature in Ireland and have had a considerable positive impact on readers as well as other writers and illustrators.
3. He or she must demonstrate both eagerness and skill in engaging with children, young people, adults and media and with the sector as a whole.
4. He or she should demonstrate an enthusiasm for promoting children’s literature in general.
5. The laureate must be Irish.
Please click the link below to download a nomination form and return it to CBI, 17 North Great George’s Street, Dublin 1. Closing date is 24th February 2012.
Alternatively, you can send your nomination via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and postal address.
For more information on the Laureate na nÓg project please visit www.childrenslaureate.ie.